Concordia College – New York, Bronxville, N.Y.
- Professor of New Media, 2006 – 2021.
- Director, New Media Communications and Digital Production, 2006 – 2021.
Created the program, writing all curriculum. Supervised design and build-out of state-of-the-art production studio and computer lab. Continue to manage budget, hire and supervise faculty, and oversee facilities, ensuring that hardware and software meet or exceed industry standards.
- Director, Online Master of Arts in Digital Media, 2014-2019.
Developed full curricula for online masters degree program; responsible for all hiring and faculty supervision. Shepherded program through academic approval by New York State. Courses include Introduction to Digital Media, Digital Video Production, Graphic Design for Digital Media, Digital Media Marketing, Principles of Game Design, Psychology of Media, Documentary Production, Interactive Multimedia, Capstone in Digital Media.
- Developer, MFA in Integrated Media. Program and curricula approved by New York State. Launch pending.
College of Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Moving Image Arts Department, Associate Professor New Media and Production, 1996 – 2003
Seoul Institute of the Arts, Korea
- Visiting Artist-in-Residence through the Asian Cultural Council, 1990
SELECTED GRANTS AND RESIDENCIES
- National Endowment for the Arts, Video Preservation Grant
- New York State Council on the Arts
- Media Artist-in-Residence, Harvestworks Digital Production Center
- Japan Foundation
- Asian Cultural Council, Seoul Institute of the Arts, Korea
- Artist-in-residence, Television Laboratory at WNET/13, NY
PRIZES AND HONORS
- First prize, 1st International Women’s Video Biennale, Vienna, Austria
Second Prize, Riccione (Italy) Film, Theatre, and Television Festival
National Endowment for the Arts: Individual artist fellowships & production grants Individual artist fellowship, The Rockefeller Foundation.
SELECTED VIDEO ART FESTIVALS
- Polish International Video Festival, Lodz; New York Film Festival, Riccione Film Theater & Television Festival (2nd Prize); International Electronic Cinema Festival, Montreux (1st Prize Video Art Category); Tokyo International Film Festival; Tokyo International Multimedia Festival (Special Award in HDTV); San Francisco Film Festival; Montreal Film and Video Festival; Dallas Video Festival; Women in Film; Fest Rio (Brazil); Tucano Artes Festival, Rio de Janeiro; Chateauvallon Toulon Dance Video Fest; Bonn Videonale (Germany); 10th Video Femme, Quebec (Canada); Festival du Nouveau Cinema & Video du Montreal; AFI National Video Festival, Washington, DC, Los Angeles; San Sebastian Film Festival; Munich Video Festival; Paris Biennale.
MAJOR MUSEUM COLLECTIONS
- Works are in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art, Musee National d’Art Moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou Paris, Long Beach Museum of Art, Musee d’Art Contemporain Lyon, among others.
SELECTED GUEST LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS
- OSilas Gallery; Smith College; On The Wind Gallery, Yokohama; Itoki Gallery, Hiroshima, Japan; United States Information Agency (USIA) Tour to Tokyo, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Sapporo, and Fukuoka; Wexner Center for the Arts, Columbus, Ohio; High Museum of Art, Atlanta.
COMMISSIONS AND COLLABORATIONS
- WNET/13, NHK Japanese Broadcasting, Tokyo Broadcasting, Asahi TV, Sony, Checkerboard Foundation, Jewish Museum, Museum of Modern Art, 92nd Street Y, MTV, VH1, Twyla Tharp, Palm Pictures, Gotham Dance Company, Brooklyn Academy of Music, EG Records, Qbadisc Records.
SELECTED ART EXHIBITIONS AND VIDEO INSTALLATIONS
- “Small Works,” Gallery 187 NYC ; “An Evening with Kit Fitzgerald” (solo show), Spectacle Theater, Brooklyn; “For These Times,” Judson Church, NYC, Vision Festival; “Polymorphous,” Cluster Gallery, Brooklyn; “Pacific Standard Time: Exchange and Evolution: World-Wide Video,” a touring exhibition; “New Video,” Rockland Center for the Arts; “Abstractions,” Arts Exchange Westchester; “Figures in an Imaginary Landscape: Digital Paintings” (solo show), Osilas Gallery; “Connect the Dots,” Magnetescopio, Brazil; “Electronic Landscapes, ” Santa Fe; “Beauty without Regret,” Bellas Artes Gallery, Santa Fe; “Arts for Television,” Stedlijk Museum, Amsterdam, The Museum of Modern Art, NYC; MOCA (LA); “Digital Visions,” Everson Museum, Syracuse and IBM Gallery, NYC; “New American Video Art: A Historical Survey 1967-80” Whitney Museum; “Waveforms,” San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; “Whitney Biennale,” collaboration with John Sanborn,Whitney Museum, NYC; Group show at Exploratorium, San Francisco; “Magnetoscopio,” Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; “WNET Television Lab: A History,” Museum of Modern Art, NYC; “Video Art: A History,” Museum of Modern Art, NYC; “Projects: Video 16,” Museum of Modern Art, NYC; “Institute of Contemporary Art,” Boston; “Videografia,” Barcelona; USIA toured to multiple cities in Russia; Solo show at Gallery Watari, Tokyo; “Video Paintings” (solo show), Rotunda Gallery, Brooklyn; “Re:Sound” (solo show w/John Sanborn), Whitney Museum; other solo shows at The Kitchen, NYC; The Women’s Museum, Copenhagen; The Israel Museum, Jerusalem; Palais des Beaux Arts, Paris.
- “Light Learning and Art,” profile of OSilas Gallery
- “The Jewish Museum,” The Jewish Museum, NYC
- “Play It Again, Nam,” portrait of Nam June Paik (U.S. version), WNET/13
- “A Great Performer,” profile of 92nd St YM-YWHA, NYC
- “Once and Future Museum,” profile of The Jewish Museum, NYC
- “Ancient Beginnings,” exhibition video on the history of Judaism, The Jewish Museum, NYC
- “Voyage of the Blasket Islanders,” radio program, NPR
- “The Dreyfus Affair,” exhibition video, The Jewish Museum, NYC
- “Bart Cook: Choreographer,” portrait of dancer/choreographer, for The NYC Ballet
- “LSD: Just the High Points,” performance documentary, The Wooster Group, NYC
- “Twyla Tharp Scrapbook,” profile of the choreographer, Arts and Entertainment Network
- “Re/Soundings,: documentary profile of audio artists, NY Public Broadcasting System
- “The Uncommon Eye: A Decade of Avant-Garde Films,”, WNET
- “The Super-8 Show: Beyond Home Movies,” WNET
- “Kenneth Anger’s Magick,” WNET
- Electronic Arts Intermix, New York
- M. A. — California State University, Dominquez Hills
- B. A. — Smith College